Sunday, January 29, 2012

I have the blues...the turquoise blues

I LOVE TURQUOISE. Okay now with that said, I don't like it in carpet or Southwestern style anything. I like it mixed with my love for old world things.

One word ladies: Pinterest

Oh my, was there something else out there that could suck more time and energy out of life than Facebook? Answer: Pinterest. It is truly an addiction. That's why I would like to say I got my fix in early. When I joined, I had 3 friends using it. Now I think most of my female Facebook friends are on there (guessing by the number of posts I see on FB they are also getting time-sucked).

Through all the searching for the most inspiring room make-overs out there as Hubby and I embarked in room make-over last year, I found another site that I could spend all day drooling over. House of Turquoise. Oh...I...ummm...just...wow! (wiping up the drool)

How can one woman love one color so much? Well I blame a purse. No really. I decided one day I needed to upgrade from my cute little baby purse (it only took 20 years to get there-I don't count my 1st 10 years being I didn't carry a purse much). I had black or brown purses always and they were tiny!

Then one day I found a turquoise purse with a matching wallet and it was all over! I moved into the world of "big girl" purses and purses with color. Next thing I knew my phone cover was turquoise and my Mac had a turquoise cover. Then I went rogue and my purse went red. It was all over from there.

I was no longer the browns, beige, greens and tans girl. My purse wasn't black and my decor seemed blah in brown. I discovered color and I liked it. Now those who know and love me know that I also have a weird obsession with all things green (lime green specifically) and the louder the better. But I never imagined putting lime green in my home or decorating with it. Turquoise on the other hand, I think I dream in turquoise.

So as I get sucked into the edgeless, distant, scary paths of the internet on a search for all the things that inspire me as we make-over the bedroom, I find myself looking at Turquoise and Red. Ahhh, my dreams are full of color. Now if I could actually find this stuff in real life (not just on Pinterest) that would be nice. The blue that's "in" right now is way too muted for me now...remember I discovered color. Stupid purse. That's what I get for buying a big girl purse.

Never gonna have this room but a girl can dream...
See Turquoise & Red really work together
Someday I will actually have pictures of my finished master bedroom to put up. Until then I'll drool over everyone else's pics on Pinterest. BTW...let me know if you want an invite to Pinterest and I'll send you one. Its be invite only.

Now if I could just buy colorful clothing...and here's the key: AND wear it. Oh well, I guess all my black, gray and white will look nice with that pop of color I find in my next purse! I wonder what color I will love next?

No comments:

Post a Comment