Monday, January 2, 2012

2012...here I come.

So here's my 2012 goals:

This year I want to challenge myself to several 30 day challenges. Now when I say 30 day challenge, I'm not saying that they must be done 30 days in a row but that I will do them till I've done it for 30 days or 30 times. I would like to make some new habits, try some new things and "spice" up life. Some challenges will be done at the same time and others I will focus on doing just one thing.

Oh...and the key part of these challenges will be blogging about them along the way. Look for a new blog starting soon and a new format.

Here are a few of my ideas:
1. Clean (and I mean deep clean, purge & organize) 30 different areas of my home (as small as a draw & as big as a room)
2. Crock pot cook for 30 days (this I would like to do 30 days in a row)
3. Cook 30 new & different recipes
4. Try 30 new spices in my cooking (some may be in my cabinet that I've never used...toss the ones we don't like)
5. Don't eat out or order pizza for 30 days (great one to be combined with 30 days of crock pot cooking)
6. Knit 30 new & different projects
7. Read 30 new books (obviously this will take more than 30 days)
8. Walk/Jog/Run 30 miles every 30 days (so that will keep me going to the gym more regularly)
9. Go 30 places I've never been (explore Colorado a bit)
10. Hike 30 trails

That's all for this challenge. I figure 10 different 30 day challenges will probably take me the entire year. As the year progresses I plan on reevaluating these challenges maybe scraping some that don't work and adding new ones that sound interesting.

As to my other 2012 goals:

Spiritual goals (as they are every year): 1. Grow closer to God 2. Walk with confidence in the Calling God has on my life right now (the right now part is the crucial part for me this year) 3. Invest spiritually into my loved ones (family and friends).


Personal Goals: 1. Blog more 2. Facebook less 3. Grow my knitting business

Relation goals: 1. More date nights with the kids 2. Be more intentional 3. Listen 4. Let go

Physical goals: 1. Get back to my work out routine 2. Eat Healthier & Cook more

Financial goals, though most of these are private I do have these: 1. Stick to our Budget 2. Make a profit at my knitting business

No comments:

Post a Comment