Monday, January 23, 2012

I'm not a fan...

My bedroom makeover has been taking too, too long. We started it this summer and we have still yet to finish it. There are a few things that have made it difficult. The main one is hubby working 6 day weeks and then scheduling every minute he isn't working.

 Walls in process

Dark accent wall

Beautiful Venetian Plaster! 

We are down to just the finishing touches. Then we need to find furniture to fit the room and all the soft lines. That is where I am running into trouble. I know what I want but I just can't find it anywhere. I am not a fan.

I have looked at this site and that and this store and the next...still no luck. The "in" colors and themes are just "off" from what I want. I can find those colors for kitchen stuff and even bathrooms but not bedroom. I don't want to be picky but I want to love my bedroom. It is really the first time that I have redecorated a room from floor to ceiling. The first time I have redone my bedroom. The first time I have really decorated. I have lived in apartments most of my adult life or was too broke to do any decorating. Most of things I have for my home have been given to me or hand-me-downs.

For the first time I get to decorate with my style. It took me 2 years to figure out what that was. I finally have a vision of what I want. I hope the vision in my head is as great as I think it will be if I can ever find the things I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment