Friday, July 12, 2013

Where is the happy ending?

So my dad and I had a little chat yesterday about me writing my book. He had a theory as to why my mom never wrote her book...she was waiting for her happy ending to tie it all up.

Hmmm...if I wait for that, I may never write my book either.

Here's the thing...she did have a happy ending. She just couldn't see it. Well at least that's how I see it. She probably didn't get the happy ending for which she was looking.

Me?

Well, I'm not hoping for that happy ending.

My story has happy parts, and sad ones, and painful ones, and silly ones and ones that tear jerk and ones that you laugh till your sides hurt. That's all I have!

As well as I'm not looking for the ending. I'm not looking for the thing that ties it all up nicely. I'm looking at my mom and I stand back in awe. I'm looking at her life and think, "If I'm half the woman my mom was, I'll be happy and proud."

So I write.

I'm not sure where this journey will take me...but off I go.

I never thought when I started this blog 3 years ago that anyone would ever read it. I never thought anyone would care what I thought or felt enough to read a blog. I thought I'd share some family bliss and maybe if I was lucky a family member might look at the pictures. But this grew into something more that that. I became my way of expressing myself. I started thinking no one would read it and I didn't care and today...I feel the same way.

I write. If you read it...thanks. I write for me. I'll keep writing for me. In the end, the book will be for me. If anyone reads it...great. If not, I'll still write.

I may never find my happy ending either...but I will write.

3 comments:

  1. Proud of you Amy!! Write away. It won't be easy, but you can do it!! And the comparison isn't right.... Your mom was the woman God made her to be as she allowed him to work in her life! You are the woman God made you to be as you allow Him to work in your life!! I'm in your cheering section!! You're an amazing woman!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I love knowing you're cheering for me!

      Delete
  2. write.. sometimes it's all that gets us through, but you're braver than i, putting it out there <3.... Mina

    ReplyDelete