Yep that's right. I've been busy. Really, really busy and yet I can't seem to get the "normal" things done.
My house is finally starting to look normal after Christmas. We just got the tree down on Monday. Finally got all the pine needles vacuumed yesterday (yes it took me 4 days). My furniture is finally back where it usually is. You would think that this would be a great excuse for why others things are not getting done, but I don't think that's why.
Somehow nothing is getting done. Kitchen needs some love. Fridge had a spill days ago...something purple. Never found the source and can still see remnants of the spill. Bathrooms, one word: ewwww (okay maybe that's not a word). Laundry, umm, does that mountain ever get conquered for more than a fleeting moment?
I have used the phrase "running around like a chicken with my head cut off" a dozen times this week. I actually asked one of my kids if she knew what that meant (she did). Life is just crazy and I don't know why.
The weird thing is I'm bored. I'm not getting it all done (not that I really want to anyway-looks like it is all a lot of work). Oh and I'm bored. I don't really want to go do anything either. I've read some new books and knitted a bit. I've cooked a few new recipes. I've listened to some new music. I'm just bored.
Life is a little dull right now (dull & busy). When my kids say they're bored, I go into mommy mode and find new and interesting things to engage them. I encourage them to find things to which they can look forward and see the good in each moment. Somehow, I cannot live my own lessons right now. I'm just bored (yep I said it again).
My list of things to which my kids can look forward are all work for me. Trying new and interesting things is a great idea when my jobs of being mom, wife and homemaker don't get in the way. Even simple things like going out with a friend require great planning on my part (aka work). I'm a little tired, a little stressed and a little isolated (as most moms are a different times).
When my family is busy, I don't get to spend as much time with my friends. When I don't spend as much time with my friends I get lonely. When I get lonely, I get bored. When I'm bored, I don't get as much done around my house. When I don't get as much done around my house I have to have bursts of busy trying to get things done which then somehow revolves back to my family being busy.
Oh wait, did I just create my very own revolving door? Yeah, I see that. Whatever...I'm still busy and a little bored. So I'm getting off from blogging and Facebook and on to figure out what that purple stuff was in my fridge. I'll get my act together someday and follow my own advice. Until then, I'll blog about life and somehow that gives me some perspective and today, that's just what I needed. It seems when I put it here, it jumps out at me and screams "Hello, don't you see what you're doing." And now I do.
No comments:
Post a Comment