Today, I'm 28 years old again. I'd tell you what anniversary I'm celebrating but it would defeat the point of saying I'm 28 over and over. For those who know how old I am...forget! That's the best birthday you could give me.
As for the birthday blues...
It has been an upside down, inside out year for the Morrison Clan. Some of you know the trails we have been through and well...it sucks. The summer has been rough and we thought my in-law lost their home. Even though they didn't, they still lost a lot and have been working around the clock to get their life back in order.
Then we found out another complex of fires has now cancelled our annual vacation. This would have been the 40th year this family and friends have been enjoying this vacation. So this week has been full of friends and family trying to scramble to find something different. Thank you to all of you who got online and on the phone finding alternatives to include those who don't even go on vacation with us.
But last night my heart was broken. I was looking forward to this. This was keeping me going and now...
This one wants this and that one wants that. No one can get what they want because what we all want is not an option.
So...how I woke up on my birthday...first my hubby whispers happy birthday then we cancelled our alternative plans for vacation.
Ryan and I will still be taking time off and doing things with our family but our week long vacation in the mountains is gone.
NOW...I'm looking forward to tonight. I have amazing friends and they are all jumping to celebrate my birthday tonight. Dinner and drink! Just what the doctor ordered. Want to join us? Message me through FB for details or text me.
Thank you all for caring for my heart and life in so many ways. Those are the precious things to me. My phone has been beeping with FB messages and texts this morning wishing me happy birthday. Thanks!
So...off to work I go. Yes, I work on my birthday...but maybe that means I'll get some bonus tips. It is my birthday and my regular customers are amazing to me.
Today I'm trying not think on the "lost" vacation but rather the gift of life I celebrate each year on this day. I can't wait to see all my friends tonight and feel so blessed that my loved ones are jumping to celebrate. I have some of the most amazing friends in the world and tonight they join me from all areas of my life: long time friends, business friends, work friends and brand new friends.
This is an amazing year. I will not accept defeat. We joked with the kids last night that this would be the year that they looked back at as the year their grandparents lived together for a time. This will not be the year of fires and loss but of new experiences, new friends and hope.
Join with me today and find your hope. As a special gift to me, consider donating to the Black Forest wildfire relief funds. I will soon be joining an amazing group to raise funds to help the families who have lost so much. Be looking for a new blog for that organization. I can't wait to join the team and give back to the area I love so much. I hope to live in Black Forest someday soon with my family and can't wait to help rebuild it.
So though my morning started a little blue...I will not let it take me down. Birthday...here I come!
Happy Birthday!!! Hope it is a great one, no matter the number. :)
ReplyDelete