I've been on a journey. I'm not sure where I'm going but I keep moving. I'm not even sure if I'm moving forward. All I know is I'm on a journey.
This past week my family went on a mini vacation. It wasn't the Creede annual vacation that was planned but it was some camping with the family in the mountains.
I enjoyed a wonderful four wheeler trip to a beautiful spot. I discovered something about myself on this trip. I had time to let my head clear and I could understand my thoughts. I rarely am able to see my thoughts clearly.
So many people in my life have commented on my writing and say they love how I am able to express myself. All I can say is it isn't me...not really. I don't know how many things I have struggled to write only to hear from others that it was powerful...and I...
I don't know why.
I write.
It just comes out of me. I'm not an artist that pictures a painting and finds the colors to express the feelings inside. I'm not a musician that hears music and plink and picks notes till it flows out as a beautiful serenade. I'm not a leader that commands people to join the cause and draws passion from within each of us.
I just write.
I don't know from where the words come.
They just live inside me. I hear speeches or dialogs or chapters in my head. It feels so natural. I had no idea others didn't have thoughts flowing through their head like a book that needs to be writen or a speech that needs to be given.
So...a book is inside me.
I have had so many people encourage me on this blog. Many hear my mother's voice in my words. Some see the best parts of me. Others feel things and see things through me.
I don't know anything about anything. I just write.
So today, I'm starting my book. I have the title. I have some thoughts. If it where up to my mom, I'd have an outline...but somehow I think I would never write the book. She wrote many outlines and never wrote. So today, I start my book, "The book my mom never wrote."
Welcome to a new journey. I don't know if I'll ever publish or anyone will ever read it but I'm going to write it.
Thanks to the many who read my blog. Maybe I'll put some parts of my book here. Maybe my book will just be clips of my blog. Whatever the case...today I begin to write.
I think what you are doing is fantastic and I love it! Just wanted to let you know (even if it is a bit premature) that when you are done with your book, there is a website called CreateSpace.com where you can format and upload your words, upload some cover art and have your book printed for really cheap.
ReplyDeleteI made my Prayer Journals (3 of them) on that site and I think each one cost me about $2.50-$3.00 to print and have mailed to me. Even if your printed version is only for you, it's nice to be able to pick it up and hold your own words in your hand as opposed to read them on a computer or kindle screen.
Let the verbiage flow, girl! I'm proud of you!!!
~Aubrey
Thanks so much for the info. I'll hold on to this info for the future.
Delete