My city is once again on fire but this one is much closer to home emotionally & physically. Please know we are very safe and far away from the mandatory evacuation zone as well as the pre-evacuation zone.
But here's my thoughts...
When we moved here, I graduated from Liberty High School. It was rough being a senior in a new school and new state. Things were very different but it was one of the best years of my life. I made lots of friends that are friends today. At that time, my school district only had 3 high schools and Liberty HS was where all the Black Forests kids went...to include my husband.
Ryan and I met in high school at Liberty. His family lives in Black Forest as well as many of our friend's families. Today, my FB feed is full of my high school friends doing the same thing I did yesterday...evacuate their parents.
I had flashes of homes come through my mind as I drove to Black Forest yesterday. Homes I hung out in high school. Homes...beautiful homes. I could name so many but a few came to mind right away. Homes of friend's parents that I knew still lived there.
Because of the day and age of FB, I have heard that most everyone I know still live there...got out! Most got their valuables. Most got their animals...some only got the people but got out.
Please pray.
![]() |
| This is the fire crossing Black Forest Road when we made the decision to stop packing and go with what we had. |
-Pray for my in-law as we evacuated them last night and this is the home they built with their own two hands.
-Pray for the goat that had to be left behind.
-Pray for my hubby & his sisters as this was the home they helped build...full of memories.
-Pray for our kids as this is the home so many holidays are spent and so many memories have been made.
-Pray for my sister-in-law who is out of state and feels so helpless.
-Pray for my other sister-in-law, my mother-in-law, my daughter and me as we all have asthma and the smoke is so brutal for us.
-Pray for blessing on my parents as their home is full of dogs and people.
Thank God for:
-My hubby's uncle who will be taking two dogs & a cat today.
-Our friends the Wills who will be taking another dog.
-My parents who jumped to help evacuate and watch kids and then put up my in-laws.
-Friends who took the two horses.
-Our friends the Wilkes who encouraged me to go & evacuated them (not a moment to soon) and then desperately tried to get to us to help us.

No comments:
Post a Comment