Sunday, August 21, 2011

Saturday Errands...never knew they could be so fun!

So Saturday morning I was up and going first thing. There was a list a mile long that needed to be done. Some of it was very crucial and had been put off for way too long and others had just been waiting for payday. Never the less, I had a long list and three little girls that had to journey with me. Oh and I thought I would just let you know that there was only one thing that didn't get done, and not for lack of trying.

So the evening before (Friday night) the Morrison house was FULL of little girls. The girls had a back to school sleep over with another family that just so happens to have 3 girls, 2-5th graders & 1-7th grader AND they live walking distance. When your kids go to a charter school in this town, it's very likely that your kid's best friends will live all over town. It's hard because they don't know the neighborhood kids (maybe the ones on the street but not much more than that). They don't walk to school and meet kids. In fact there have been friends that have lived 30-40 minutes away. So when we find girls, that live close, and have the same number of girls and ages as ours, we get pretty excited, but enough of that. I just shared all that to say that we started Saturday morning getting the friends up to be picked up early and all three of my girls looked as though they had hardly slept at all (which can make for a long miserable day of errand running).

However, I was able to get one through the shower before having to get going on the day and everyone dressed as well as fed breakfast then out the door we went. We went off to Walgreens then checked out the Couture Bakery in my neighborhood. The bakery didn't have anything we wanted so we went to go return something at Big Lots. Then we went to Meeker Music and got Megan a clarinet (and that will be another blog post). After getting the clarinet we need to head to the mall to get Cassidy uniforms. Somehow, over the years Megan kind of skipped the size Cassidy wears and I only had few items for her to wear. She tried on a million pieces and only a few things worked (some are better than none).

Next we needed dog food. I headed to the pet supply store and realized I wanted to look for something at Michael's. As we approached the door, there were a few ladies that greeted us and informed us it was a birthday party at Michael's and invited the girls to get tattoos and do some crafts inside. Three tattoos later we went in and the girls did three different crafts then ended in the party room for a goodie bag...all free by the way. I wasn't able to find the item for which I was looking but the girls had a blast.

Making the first craft.

Craft in process.

Three happy girls with crafts & goodie bags!

Then we headed to the pet supply store and got the dog food. We were all pretty hungry at this point and my goal was to get us home quickly so as to not eat out (a luxury that is not in the budget right now). We needed milk (because having 6 girls in the house the next before wiped out a gallon of milk). We went to Sam's Club and to our delight there were LOTS of samples. We wandered the store trying everything then went and got a pretzel to split and a soda. After spending a total of $5 (including the milk) our bellies were full. As we drove home, I heard the girls say they never thought running errand could be so fun.

It started out as a mundane list of chores and ended up being free crafts, goodie bags and free samples. By the time we got home we were all pretty tired. I am always amazed at how little it takes to make a great day. So here's a shout out to Michael's and Sam's Club, thanks for making errands fun! It was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment