Monday, August 15, 2011

Blogging Princess

So I started this blog around Mother's day last year. I had been wanted to start a blog for some time. When I finally got around to it, it did way more than I thought it ever would. Now it seems to be the "in" thing and I find myself reading about many of my friends.

Some of my friends have picture blogs posting the pictures that capture the moment of their lives. I get to actually see a glimpse into their lives. Some post nearly every day just a few sentences or paragraphs. This is what blogs were originally intended to be...a web log or an online diary. It keeps me up to date of the happens in their homes and some pictures along the way as well. Then I have friends who are deeply introspective. They write less often and their posts are meaningful and blessing. They look hard at the moments of their lives and what God is doing and share what He is doing and what they have learned. Some of these friends post regularly on a specific day and others post as things come to them. Then I have the funny friends. I'm pretty sure they write to find some comedy in their lives but in actuality are laughing because they want to cry. They have funny posts that show pictures of kids putting lotion on the dog or the hubby who has left the lawn mower in the middle of the garage. All they really want to let some of it out and in the process I get to laugh a little. Then I have others that use their blog to promote an agenda whether that be sharing Christ or political views or financial advise.

For me, my blog is a little of everything! Sometimes I post pics of the events of our families. Sometimes I announce very serious things. Sometimes I write often and sometimes I wait until something happens. I share what God is doing in our lives and sometimes I cry about that and other times I laugh. When I was asked about what I blog, what's the focus or the purpose, I said I didn't know. I guess I was just putting myself out there for the world to see. God has called me to transparency. He has asked me to share and open myself up to whomever wants to listen. From my very first blog post I experienced God. In my very first post I was sharing about Mother's day. That became a very healing moment for relationship in my life.

So I guess I blog as a ministry of my life and what God is doing in it. Sometimes I just share the little moments. Sometimes I share the big things God is doing. Sometimes I share the heartbreak and grief I have experience. But always I share God in my story. I may not mention Him in every post, but He is evident in my life. My blog is God in me. The purpose is God's. The focus is Him. And the antics...well most of that is just me. I blog because He called me to do so. I don't know where that is taking me or who is listening. All I know is that I have found blessings in it. I may have said this once or twice before, but as always, thanks for listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment