Thursday, August 25, 2011

End to a really bad day

So have you ever had those days that by the end of the day you wish you could just hit delete. That was today. The great thing about these types of days is that they do end. Today...is almost over. Tomorrow is a brand new day. The bad thing about bad days is that sometimes they carry over. Sometimes there are things that happen on very bad days that will forever change the days ahead. That was the kind of bad day I had today. I know I'm not the only one here. I have many friends around me journeying through this very type of "bad day carry over."

I have just been informed by "the powers that be" that my opinion, my time and my resources regarding my life do not matter (regarding certain issues). I'm not being a hissy-fit throwing crabby mouthed complainer who (like my pre-teen daughters) is being overly dramatic. I'm actually serious. Today I was informed I cannot make certain decisions that directly affect my life AND because I cannot make these decision, others will with no regard to me, my time, my energy, my schedule, or my resources. It was a hard day. It was a long day. It was a day that definitely had the makings to defeat me.

BUT...I will not be defeated. What does Romans 8:31 say about this? "What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?" I will claim victory though it may look as though there is none here. This is a battle that was lost...but the war is not over. I will continue to pray for God's intervention in this matter. I will pray for God's justice over this matter. I will claim His promises to me in this matter. AND...if God asks me to submit, I will. I will do what is asked of me. I will comply. I will not bad mouth my enemy AND I will pray for God's will to be done in their lives. I will pray for these people as if they were family and not my enemies.

My life for the next year looks very difficult. There is not a reasonable way out. My family is walking into battle (forced is more like it). Though we have God on our side, it can be very difficult to walk into battle and not know what the game plan is. It seems recently, God has not been "cluing" me into His plan. Which, I hate to admit, is probably a great plan because if I knew the plan...I would wreck it! I know He is in this. I know He has a plan. For now...that is all I can focus on.

I know this is vague and somewhat goes against "my life is transparent" policy. The thing is there are matter I cannot explain at this time. When I can...I will. Until then, keep us in your prayers please. Continue to pray for: guidance, strength, wisdom, a soft tongue & heart, love, peace that surpasses all understanding, financial strength (to continue in our battle), wisdom for those who are advising us and spiritual protection over our family and our wise advisers.

Thanks for the prayers that you have already poured out over us. We felt loved today and though we "lost" a battle, we feel confident that God is our protector and our guide. I know I can only remember that today because people are praying over me (& our family) and His protection is keeping a bay all that could bring us down. Today may have seemed like a loss but I claim everyday as a victory!

Thank you so much for being my support, for listening to me ramble and for being there. I didn't know why God called me to blogging last year, at that time, but I see it clearly now!

No comments:

Post a Comment