Through my travels I discovered I forgot a few key things but other than that the travel was smooth. I forgot to pack my extra camera battery/charger and my glasses. I plan on just wearing my contacts around the clock for the next 2 weeks (which is how they are intended to be worn). I usually like to take them out because they last longer and my eyes need a break. But that is just little thing. As for the camera battery, I have a small camera if my battery dies and everyone on the trip has a camera.
We arrived in South Africa on Friday evening. We went out to eat at a fish place...I had sushi. The sushi was pretty good, but I only think it was good because Zach (a guy on the trip) and I were talking about sushi for a day now. We stayed at a nice hotel in South Africa. They were suites with two bedrooms, each with their own bath, a living room and a kitchen. It would have been a great place to stay for a while but we only really stayed long enough to sleep and then we were up early to travel into Swazi, which was a several hour drive.
The other small little hiccups were easily managed. The Clapp family did not make their flight to D.C. and were sent to Atlanta to take a direct flight to Johannesburg arrive around the same time as us though we had a stop in Dakar.
The flight was long, but there were plenty of things to watch on the in seat TV as well as music lots of music of which to listen. I didn't find myself bored just tired of sitting!
Today we went to the cultural center. I took an amazing video of the Swazis dancing. It's a bit too long to upload on the slow WiFi here so that will come later. I just feel very blessed that I do have WiFi here so I can keep people informed about our trip. My camera is in my room and my roomie is already sleeping. I'll try to post pics tomorrow.
Tomorrow we will go to Pastor Walter's church and to the half way house where the Clapps adopted their two youngest. For those who do not know, the Clapps are the founders of Beyond Survival, the organization with which I am on this trip.
Keep on praying for us. I have had some technical difficulties and my phone that I got to use here is not working. Pray I am able to get that worked out so I can talk to my girls and Ryan. I know I miss them and they miss me. It would be good to hear their voices right now. Well it's late at night here so I'm off to bed.
Thanks so much for listen.
No comments:
Post a Comment