Sunday, June 12, 2011

1st Sunday in Swazi

Today we got to go to Pastor Walter's church. It was more than three hours long but it was an amazing experience. The people sang together without instruments and everyone just knew all the songs. They had  beautiful harmony. It was wonderful to just close your eyes and hear their voices. It was like a piece of heaven.

There was another group from Georgia at church as well. They had been there for a week. They were the 2nd team from their church here this summer. We got to join them for lunch at Jumbo & Kriek's house (the missionaries on the ground here in Swazi).

We went to the half way house (an orphanage-not rehab). There were about 12-13 little kiddos there. This is the place where the Clapps got their two kids that they adopted from Swazi a couple years ago. I was amazing to see all the kiddos. At first they were very shy and cried when any of us came near them. It is very possible they have not seen very many white people if any at all. By the time we left, many were crying because they didn't want us to leave. We have plans to visit again and hopefully they will be excited to see us and remember us.

I was able to get a new SIM card today & talked to all three girls on the phone as well as Ryan. I also got to skype them much later & got to see their faces. I was pulled away from my chat with Ryan when Kimberly & Noelle discovered a lizard in their room. They search for it for about a half an hour with no luck before coming & getting me. I was the only other person awake. After searching for about a half hour more with them with no luck, we decided to all go to bed. Just another moment in Africa. I hope they are able to sleep tonight and pray they don't wake to a lizard on their face. Though none of us are scared of lizards, the though of sleeping with one loose in the room was not exactly desirable.

We will be heading to the care point for the first time tomorrow. We'll start the first of three days of VBS. I'll be leading over crafts. Please pray over us as we minister to the kids. Please pray over Kimberly as she teaches the lessons, Noelle as she leads the games & me as I lead the crafts. Please pray for the rest of the team that will assist us and for the construction team that begins their project tomorrow. We will also have two home visits tomorrow. Please pray that God blesses all He has in store for us and pray for blessing for all with whom we come in contact.

Well I hope all is well for those of you reading my blog. Thanks for listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment