Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Bugs...I really hate bugs!

I'm not talking about the kind with creepy, crawly legs (though I hate those as well). I'm talking about the kind that invade my house, get shared and take the clan down in one sweep! The kind that make the clan cough, sneeze, ache, and all the other joys of sick bugs.

This month I am proud to say that there was a bug invasion and it took all four of us girls out in one swoop! I was feeling a little under the weather Thursday but then Cassidy had a cough when she arrived back at our house on Saturday and it went downhill from there. Sunday morning Haley awoke with body aches and by that evening Megan was down with a headache. Megan was asleep by 7 that night and anyone that knows her knows she's one of the night owls in this house.

Our three day weekend was supposed to include a fun day off on Monday. We were going to clean house on the weekend and if it was finished Sunday evening, then the kids and I were going to do something fun. I had a few ideas which can be hard with the age span. But that turned into all the girls hardly able to move in different areas of the house all day Monday followed by no doing to school on Tuesday! I think the bugs had it out for the girls!

On Tuesday, Haley and I headed off to the Doctor's office. While there, Megan and Cassidy relaxed at Oma & Papa's house. I feel so blessed to have parents close and available when I need another set of hands. I could have done it all on my own, but it was such a blessing to have help.

The nurse determined that Haley has a sinus infection AND the flu and I have the flu. NO FUN! The other girls are off to school today but Haley is still a lump on the couch but I am finally able to sit upright without pain.

In the midst of this I was able to feel just blessed. Not only do I have help from family but I have healthy kids. Yes, the girls got sick, but they are healthy over all. No one really has any ongoing health issues or concerns. In all truth, it's a bit of a miracle with all the yucky bugs out there that we are as healthy as we are and for that I give all the glory to God. Thank you Lord for my happy, healthy family and all the help with which you have blessed us when we are a bit under the weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment