Okay there have been good days and bad days. There have been good months and...well, bad months. There have actually been good years and bad years. I've heard many pray over me for years about seasons. Well guess what? The winter has past, the pain of spring is gone and I am living in summer (metaphorically of course being it's actually -3 outside). After blogging about grief, I am ready to change the tone...
I am here to say, "This is a brand new day and it's getting better in every single way." Today has been the best day in a long time. Today I found out two amazing things. First thing this morning I got a picture mail. It was my best friends left hand and on it...was...a RING!!!! We've know it was coming but now it's official! Then this afternoon my other best friend (yes I have more than one best friend) informed me that she is expecting her 5th child!!!! All I can say is babies and weddings are always joyous. I am so joyous for these two women.
On top of all of this I am proud to say that 11 days into this year, I am still hitting all my goals! I know it's only been 11 days, but I'm proud of myself. There have been a couple of daily goals I have added this year and daily goals are a little harder to hit. One is to read the Bible through by the end of this year. As of today, I'm on target.
The other is more on the hobby side and is to create a photo journal of my year. I would like to take around 300 photos (1 a day with some grace) to journal my year. Today I took my 9th picture. I can't believe I've actually remember to take a picture just about every day. I'm looking forward to see what I saw this year. I haven't put anything into a hobby for just me in quite a few years. It's nice to have a hobby again.
I have lots of other goals that didn't really start at the beginning of this year and won't end at the end of this year but I am happy to say that I'm still hitting every goal, as of today!
So on 1-11-11 I have had really exciting news and I'm still hitting all my goals. What could be better than that?
No comments:
Post a Comment