So I recently gave a Bible to a friend off my shelf because she didn't have one. I have an entire shelf of Bibles, different versions from over the years. Then in the midst of the holiday season, I realized I couldn't remember the last time I picked up my Bible or any other of the several Bibles I own. I think it had been a couple of weeks. I was actually a little shocked by this.
Though I do not make resolutions in the New Year, I have made up my mind that this will be the year that I make it through the Bible by December 31st of this year. There are many who have made this commitment and I hope the support will get us to the end.
I have a One Year Bible and have made it through several times, just not in a year. This will be the year I will accomplish it in 365 days. One thing I have decided about my goal is that I am not going to be controlled by the outline this One Year Bible makes. Today I have time to read so I am reading several days because I know there will be days I do not have a moment to myself. I would love to think that I would prioritize my Bible reading time over all else and make time everyday, but instead of a plan for perfection, I am planning for grace.
I pray for a wonderful love for the scriptures. I pray for new understanding. I pray for God's grace when I can't seem to extend it to myself. I pray for success in this goal for not only me but all the others who have made this commitment. I pray for all the God wants for me as I draw closer to Him by reading His Word. And finally, I pray that His Word sets my heart on fire each and every day!
No comments:
Post a Comment