Yesterday, the girls and I spend the afternoon in the pool. I found a nice shady spot to set my chair and the girls jumped in the pool. Every hour, (10 minutes to the hour), the life guards blow the whistle for adult swim. During this time, the girls eat a snack, get some water, go the bathroom and usually put on more sun screen.
Well, Haley didn't put on sun screen when her sisters did. She had beautiful olive skin like mine and until yesterday, had never had a sun burn. At 11 years old, she got her very first sunburn. She was pink on her arms and cheeks. She didn't want to eat dinner last night. She sighed and moaned a thousand times while we watched TV. She says last night to her sisters (who have lived through their fair share of burns), "I don't know how you do this."
 |
| Her sisters have had worse burns but this is pretty bad for the 1st burn in your life. |
 |
| This one shows the burn a bit better. |
Poor thing...and oh to the poor mama that has to listen to her whine all day. I hope this is a LESSON LEARNED. I think she'll be putting sun screen on EVERY time the whistle blows all summer long!
No comments:
Post a Comment