Today, though, I am going to flash back a bit for several reasons. One reason is because it's still on my mind but the main reason is I want to get back into the swing of writing again. It's so much easier for me to write about things that have been brewing for a few weeks. So we are flashing back to Valentine's day weekend.
As I posted not too long ago, my mom passed away on the 12th of February three years ago. This was one of the hardest days of my life. In the midst of this hard time, my best friend and Ryan's best friend had been dating for a while and on the very day my mom passed away, they decided they weren't going to let life pass them by and made their relationship official. Now, every anniversary of my mom's death is now their anniversary. In a weird way this was good for me. In her death, my mom brought two people together to share their lives. She reminded them that life is short. She reminded them to hold those you love close. So every year, they celebrate another year together, I remember another year without my mom.
This year, on their anniversary, he proposed...and she said yes! I'm so happy for them and excited to celebrate with them. I just wanted to post this to say, congratulations Wil & L. I love you both. I feel blessed that in one of my dark moments, you both remembered to take each moment, one at a time and make the most of it. Now each February 12th, I cry in joy for your lives together and cry for a mom remembered. Please never forget how precious life is. Remember to love each other every moment. Thanks for being apart of our live. Thanks for being amazing friends and thanks for giving me joy on a dark day. I pray God blesses your marriage as He has already blessed your life.
![]() |
| Congrats! |

No comments:
Post a Comment