Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Bubble Gum Factory

My mother-in-law gave my two youngest girls a really neat gift for Christmas this year: a craft kit to make your own bubble gum. Who know making bubble gum would be the highlight in our house this past weekend.

Saturday morning, the kids got up and did a few chores. Once the house was a little cleaner, I noticed the girls had be "missing" for a while and called downstairs to see what they were doing. They had been doing crafts down in our craft room and wanted to make bubble gum from the craft kit they got from Grandma.

With a clean kitchen counter, the girls began to gather everything they needed to make their bubble gum. It ended up being a very eventful day of making bubble gum. I helped a little in the beginning and then just left them to it. They had a blast and still have more supplies to make more another day.

Craft Kit

Measuring ingredients 

Reading directions

Adding water

A little worried because directions didn't say how much water

Not sure if we've done this right

Success!

Super fun...can we do it again?
I'm glad they got a chance to do this. I know I never would have got them a bubble gum factory. Glad we are blessed with amazing Grandparents to buy all the fun stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment