Moms are a necessary thing in life. You may not have a good relationship with your mother, you may not know your mother, you may have already lost your mother or you may talk to her all the time. But no matter what the relationship, you have a mother. I feel blessed to have had mine. She was an amazing woman of God, a wonderful wife, mother, Nana and friend. She laughed and cried and prayed and worshiped. She was a good cook and baker. She loved to serve others. She was the "Hostess with the Mostess." She was one of my best friends!
On Friday, my dad, Diane, Megan, Haley and I went and visited her grave, after a nice lunch at the Mason Jar. It was the first time I had seen her stone. The girls talked and talked about their Nana and shared lots of stories. Diane gave me photocopies of the Christmas newsletters she had written over the years (the ones they had). I could almost her her voice that day. I could almost see her smile.
Then we took a stroll up the path and looked at Garrett's grave. In some ways it was really nice to loose them so close together. I remembered everything we did for Garrett's funeral and somewhat copied them for mom. So on a day when we decided to visit her grave, we could simple walk up the hill and see Garrett's too.
So me...being me, took lots of pictures. Here are a few of my favorites from the day.
Mom's Headstone
My girls...
Dad & Diane
Visiting Garrett
Our blondes ;) Oma & Megan
Dad

This is so lovely Renee!
ReplyDeleteIt was a lovely day, commemorating a sad passing/life ending but also celebrating a life well lived and remembering the abundance of love she had for each of you. You were blessed by her and she.....so blessed by each of you.
Love,
One of the Blondes
Blessings, Amy! Your mom was a special person. I think of her often!
ReplyDeleteTHis was a lovely tribute. She would be very proud!