God sees me.
That's what the most amazing friend told me yesterday.
There have been a few too many "bad" day recently. A few too many phone calls to this particular friend where one or both of us end up crying...a lot.
There is a sadness in our hearts at times and we are so kindred in spirit that we cry to each other...
There have been moments when I have reminded her and she has reminded me "it goes both ways." She cries sometimes and then I cry. Then I cry sometimes and she starts crying too.
Here's the thing...I'm not really a cryer. I think I spent the first dozen years of my life crying and then it dried all up. Really...I mean it. I just don't cry a lot. I certainly don't like crying in public.
All I have to say is, I've actually had quite a bit to cry about in my life...and well...I'm not a fan.
Not the point...rambling aside.
Okay, God sees me.
Yep that's it. He sees me.
He knows what I need. Sometimes He waits until I ask for Him to provide. Sometimes He waits until I really need things. Sometimes I think I can't take anymore and then He provides.
Yesterday I was low...not rock bottom or anything, just low.
If you read my blog, yesterday's post indicated that.
And then...
God.
Yep, that's it. God.
I had made plans last week to see a friend I hadn't seen in way too long. She met me at Panera for coffee...well she had iced tea & I had iced green tea so I guess we met for ice tea. We talked in person. A lot of it was about the kids, school, and sometimes husbands. We've know each other for years and go through season talking a lot and then not so much. It was nice to sit down and see her face to face.
As she was getting ready to leave to feed "starving" kiddos, I ran into another friend. She was stopping for dinner...all by herself. As a mother of 6, that was a nice treat just as it was. I decided to order some dinner and sit with her. It had been years since we sat and talked.
We talked about some things that hadn't really ever been said from years ago. I told her how much she meant to me during a particular time. I told her how she ministered to me. I told her one of my fondest memories and it felt good.
Years ago, I was at her home and fell asleep in her big chair. My kiddos were sleeping over at her house for an extended period of time. She took my phone away, covered me with a blanket and turned off the light next to me. When I woke, her husband asked if I needed anything and I just didn't know. She decided I needed tea and made me a nice cup of tea. I sat with her for hours...it was very late. She just sat and all I can remember is when she told me I needed tea, I took a deep breath and decided that was just what I needed.
It was good to remember how God placed her in my life during that time. It was good to remember how her calm spirit calmed me. I got to thank her for being her. I encouraged her to be that for another amazing women in her life that is hurting right now.
There are people God gave me that I cannot imagine how I would have survived through tough times without them. Thank you God for giving me time with 3 of those amazing women yesterday. It was just what my heart needed.
No comments:
Post a Comment