You cannot undo hurt. You just can't undo it. There is no going back.
On Sunday, my mom would have been 64 years old...but she's not. Is was only ever 60. That's where she stopped and went Home.
My heart was hurting as we decorated our tree on Sunday. I was doing my best to "get in the spirit" but I just couldn't get there.
I love my mom so much. There have been too many times in the past four years that I have picked up the phone to call her and realized she wasn't going to ever answer the phone.
I can't undo how I feel when I miss her. I can't undo losing her.
I miss my mom. I wish my step-kids knew her. I wish she knew them.
I her mind I was probably always 4 like that picture. In my mind, she's still here, healthy and happy.
I don't think you ever "get over" losing your mom.

No comments:
Post a Comment