Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Water polo...no horses needed

So my sister-in-law, Lulu, is in her PhD program in Arizona. She's on their water polo team. She played for Colorado College (CC) while she was there getting her undergraduate. She came here last weekend for a tournament and even played against CC with a few of her past team mates.

We had the pleasure of watching her play. When I told a friend, his first response was (I hope jokingly), "Do they throw the horses in too?" This, of course, caused hubby to say they should ride one of the other players. He and his uncle spent the rest of the game reinventing water polo. The new game included ride another player and having mallets which then turned into Lacrosse stick and flinging the ball into the net. Though I'm sure that would be very entertaining to watch, I'm not sure it's really going to turn into a competitive college sport.

Lulu is the goalie with the red on her cap.

Amazing save...man she come high out of the water!

She's got an arm on her.

When she throws...

...she can get the ball 1/2 way across the pool!

Another amazing save.

Cass watching Auntie Lulu

Megan

Cute face Haley.

Alex watching with cousin Tristan

Cousin Tristan with Aunt Amy

Watching the game.

Aunt Margaret & Uncle Chris with Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment