Saturday, March 26, 2011

The internet reunites another family!

Many of you may already know this and some of you may not but many, many years ago, my parents were foster parents. For three and half blessed years, I had a sister, Candy. She was just a year younger than me and for a time we even shared a room.

Many may think that since my parents did not get to adopt her, and she moved to another foster home, that she isn't really family or really my sister. Well that couldn't be farther from the truth. She may not be my flesh and blood, but she is definitely my sister! I love her like a sister. I fought with her like a sister. And over the past several years since we lost touch, I missed her like a sister.

Just this week, she found my dad online. She called him up and he gave her my number. We talked on and off all day and even got to Skype (video call). I got to see her kids and she got to see a couple of my kids. We caught up of the past several years and were back being like sister again! We laughed. We were serious. Our kids laughed. We told old stories and said, "Remember when..." a thousand times!

I am so glad she found me! I have looked for her a thousand times...and after this week, it was just what I needed. So here's to the internet...it may have more information than we want sometimes but right now, I'm glad there was just enough information for my sister to find me.

Here's a few pictures from our childhood.

Christmas at Grandma & Grandpa Harmon's

Christmas at our home with Grandma & Grandpa Glenna

One of our first visits...I still have that doll & her bear.

We got Cabbage Patch Dolls this Christmas. 

Mom always curled our hair...I think it may have traumatized Candy.

The Hilderbrands (my mom's sister's family) came to visit.

Christmas at Grandma & Grandpa Glenna's...and yes Candy was bigger than me (even though I was older) and yes those are matching dresses.

Going to a Luau, three generations in this picture.

Some church family...I think this may have been her Surprise Birthday party.

Us in our ugly old kitchen just before my parents remodeled it.

My birthday dinner one year.

Out for pizza!

Fun with ice cream.

1 comment:

  1. Amy, that is so awesome! Tell Candy her cousin says "Hello!!"

    ReplyDelete