But...
I also have girls who are caring, loving, loyal and gentle. They are amazing friends, sisters, daughters and young women. They enjoy life and their smiles brighten the world.
Our oldest, Megan, it no exception...
She is an amazing girl. She gets good grades, helps out at home and babysits with gusto. Though the teen years have been rough at times, her smile always seems to shine through.
When we made the decision to join yet another new church in the past several years, she was part of the driving force behind the decision. She is on fire for God and we wanted to find a youth group that would encourage her fire.
The very first time she stepped foot into the group, she made friends and came home with a form to go on a missions trip. Daddy and I discussed it with her in length. Though I was secretly thrilled my daughter wanted to go on a missions trip, I was also a mama bear wanting to protect her and make sure everything was safe.
I went with her to the informational meeting last week and was reassured when all my mama concerns where addressed. She would be safe. She would have fun. Most of all, she would be forever changed by her experiences just as I had on my missions trip through the years.
Then this past weekend, I traveled to Minnesota to honor my grandma's life. At her funeral service, so many people got up and talked about all the missions trips and different service projects my grandparents had done. I was blessed an amazing to come from such a strong family with a heart for missions.
That heart didn't fall far from the tree because as I was home for just hours, Megan started to talk about her upcoming missions trip. I feel so blessed to have a daughter walking in Grandma's footsteps...on fire for God and willing to serve. Megan was named after my grandma, Margaret. Megan is the Irish for Margaret and they both mean pearl. As I look at these two amazing people in my life, I feel blessed to have them as my pearls. I miss grandma and look forward to watching Megan strive to follow after such an amazing woman.
![]() |
| Just a few years ago...the last time Megan got to see grandma |
Please consider helping my daughter raise funds for her trip. The monies will go to her deposit, supplies required by the program, some spending money for meals not included in the trip and all additional money she raises will be donated to her youth group fund to help others who need help raising funds. There is a link to the right column of this blog to donate.
I know I come from a family (on both sides) who have big hearts for missions. I have missionaries all around me. I feel honored to help my daughter go on her first missions trip as I know there will be many that follow.


No comments:
Post a Comment