Thank you, thank you, thank you!
My readers are amazing! Really you are!
I posted yesterday about having a bad day. All day long my friends and family reached out in every way they could. I got text messages checking on me. Picture mail of my favorite baby to give me a smile. There were Facebook comments and comments on my blog.
Thanks...just thanks.
Being a step-mom can be really hard sometimes. I think I worry more about my words, actions and responses to my step-kiddos than I do with my flesh in blood. I have lost sleep worrying about how everyone is getting along. I worried about kiddos feeling they have lost their place in our family, life or the world. I worry about making sure I don't say anything that would be considered negative about their mom (even if I'm thinking it). I worry as all moms do but the worry is different for a step-mom.
After a good long cry yesterday, a blog post and a few fun pictures from my best friend of her beautiful baby, I felt much better.
| Blurry baby pic because he was laughing...the best medicine for a bad day ever. |
It was still a very long, painful day. I couldn't really shake the feelings that had engulfed me earlier in the day. It was a fog hanging over me like Eeyore the donkey.
Then I read this in the few moments I was on Facebook posting my blog and just stopped to think how perfect it felt.
Did you know the people that are the strongest are usually the most sensitive? Did you knoe the people who exhibit the most kindness are the first to get mistreated? Did you know the one who takes care of others all the time are usually the ones who need it the most? Did you know the three hardest things to say are, "I love you," "I'm sorry," and "Help me". Sometimes just because a person looks happy, you have to look past their smile and see how much pain they may be in.
I think I have been strong for a long time. I think I have held my head high and tried to be positive. I think I care for everyone else first.
Then, I realize I'm a mess. I'm glad I'm a writer. I'm glad I blog. I'm glad I have someway to reach out and to express myself.
It makes me realize there may be a lot of other people out their who don't write or blog. They may not know how to say how they are feeling. They don't know what to say or how to express it. I write in hopes you are reading this. I write so you know you are not alone. I write so I can get it off my chest so you know it's okay to do that. I write. That's what I can do. I don't always do it well and I don't do it often enough at times. I certainly let life get in the way of my writing. I often let way too much time go by without writing one word.
I'm not perfect and I don't try.
Progress...that is my goal. I write because it helps me become a better woman, mother, wife, friend, daughter, sister, aunt and whatever other title I hold.
So once again...thank you. Thanks for listening. Thanks for commenting. Thanks for calling or texting or whatever you did to reach out. Thanks, just thanks.
No comments:
Post a Comment