- overcome, as with emotions or perceptual stimuli
- charge someone with too many tasks
- submerge: cover completely or make imperceptible;
- overpower: overcome by superior force or number
- To engulf, surge-over and submerge; To overpower emotionally
- Derived from the middle English term "to capsize".
- to overpower the thoughts, emotions, or senses of
- to overcome with irresistible force
- to overcome, as with a profusion or concentration of something
- to cover over or bury completely
- to weigh or rest upon overpoweringly
- upset
- overthrow
- to cover over completely
So today, my house may be 89% clean, but I have two weeks of homework to finish in the next four days. Even when that's complete, I have several things at four different kids' school that need attention from teacher conferences to driving for a field trip. And when those are done (in eight & a half years), I still need to find enough energy for my family and friends. Somewhere in all of that, I want to go to the gym to take care of me.
I took 9,000 things off my plate this summer only to fill it up again. I hope that the things I replaced "fit" me better because the things I took off were definitely draining me. All I can say is today overwhelm seems a bit light on describing how I feel. Nothing happened that brought me here today, but none the less here I am.
Overwhelmed...oh and tired.
I am just going to rest in the fact that I don't have to do it all. I am a good wife, mother and friend. I seek progress not perfection in all things. AND most importantly...I am loved: by God, by family, by friends and I love them all. In the end, that makes my overwhelm shrink down. I'm not drowning; it just feels that way sometimes.
No comments:
Post a Comment